Monday, November 1, 2010

Florida Mall Handbag Sale


     This Saturday the Florida Mall in Orlando sponsored their first handbag sale to raise money for the Newspapers in Education program. People from all over Central Florida donated about 1500 handbags for it with brand names such as Chanel, Gucci, Prada, etc! It sounded too good to be true, so I had to check it out for myself. It started at 9am, and I arrived right on time only to find they had just let everyone in. It was literally a madhouse, with women grabbing handbags left and right. My strategy was to grab what I liked, and then follow around people who were carrying armfuls of purses I was interested in. Nobody else seemed to catch onto this idea until after all the good stuff was gone. The second you put a purse down, it was snapped up by someone else. I managed to snag an armful of purses, but in the end settled for 3. I got a vintage Chanel quilted bag which feels like butter for $50, a Louis Vuitton for $30, and a fabulous vintage black alligator bag for $8! I hope they make this sale an annual thing.


     I am always fascinated by the desire people have to find a great deal and the different ways they go about this. So many of these women were absolutely frantic and grabbing purses they would probably never need, but they were a great bargain so it was "all worth it."





(sorry, the pictures would not go vertical!)

7 comments:

  1. So jealous of the Chanel. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's going to be a favorite for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome bargain! Im jealous!

    Rach
    http://www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow if those are real bags I am super jealous. If they aren't real and just look that fantastic I am still super jealous.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting! I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would like to order a few bags for my boutique site i live in orlando please call me desi with indianeyedesigns@hotmail.com 321-663-2702

    ReplyDelete